Page created: 2020-01-09
Page updated: 2020-01-22 (removal of element RelayOperatorId)
Page updated: 2020-01-29 (added a segment about how to finish your AS4 AP onboarding)
Update January 29
This is the last detail we need your help with so that you can begin to receive with AS4 to your Access Point.
Your Access Point has been updated and now supports AS4 for AP-to-AP message exchange.
This is the AS4 AP URL for you AP:
You need to paste that URL into the SMPs you are using (such as Elma). If you’re using Galaxy Gateway SMP we will update the information for you.
A top priority is interoperability with other APs. Your AP will therefore continue to be able to send and receive with AS2. It is very likely that other APs will continue to use AS2 after February 1st, which is why we have decided to continue to support AS2 for as long as it gains interoperability.
The Galaxy Gateway SMP GUI will not display the AS2 configuration even though it’s there. This will be improved in upcoming versions of the GUI.
Your AP configuration will display AS4 but in reality AS2 is still supported for receiving with your Access Point.
AS4 Migration Background
On Feb 1st 2020, AS4 becomes the mandatory AP-to-AP transport protocol for message exchange. This is a major change and OpenPeppol is therefore requiring all Access Points to go through the Peppol AS4 Testbed accreditation procedure – which is why we initiated the Test AP Certificate request process with you already in October.
We will take your AP through the AS4 test procedure shortly but in order to do so you need to know a few things.
AS2 will still be used as an optional transport protocol in Peppol after Feb 1st. When the number of exchanged transactions in the network is less than 20% there will be a decision on deprecation date for AS2.
Your AP will support AS2 for as long as it is allowed to be used.
- Your AP will soon be updated. No downtime is expected. Your AP will able to exchange documents with other APs during the migration process.
- Enables support for AS4
- New error codes will be returned to you, see below for details
- We will perform stricter validation of the documents you send to Peppol, see below for details.
- You will get two (2) new AP URLs – one for AS2 and one for AS4. If you have Peppol participants registered in:
- Galaxy Gateway SMP
- we will update both AP URLs for you, unless you want to do it yourself. The new AS2 URL can be found below but must not be used until we have updated your AP.
- Other SMPs
- You will receive the AS4 AP URL from us after Peppol AS4 Testbed approval so you can add it to other SMPs.
Actions expected from you
- Are you using the AP error codes we send back to you when a file to Peppol fails? If yes; visit Cloud AP error codes to find the current ones.
- Verify that you send valid files to Peppol – they have to pass schematron validation.
- Contact us if you want us to temporarily enable the Validator add-on service so that you receive detailed validation errors.
- Let us know if you want to update the AS2 AP URL in Galaxy Gateway SMP yourself. If you don’t ask us to do so we will will update it for you as part of this migration.
- The new AS2 URL is https://ap.galaxygateway.eu/server/as2 (you must not enter it in any SMP until we have notified you about your AP being updated)
- Let us know if you want to create your AS4 AP configuration in Galaxy Gateway SMP yourself. If you don’t ask us to do so we will will create it for you as part of this migration.
- Let us know if you want to associate your existing participants with your AS4 AP in Galaxy Gateway SMP yourself. If you don’t ask us to do so we will will script it for you as part of this migration.
- Let us know if you have participants in other Peppol SMPs (such as in Norwegian Elma) so that we can provide the new AS2 AP URL (https://ap.galaxygateway.eu/server/as2) and AS4 AP URLs.
- Are you using SBDH as envelope type? If yes; we have removed the element RelayOperatorId since it is no longer needed. This makes the required SBDH to align with the Peppol specification of the SBDH.
As part of preparing your Access Point for AS4 we will upgrade your AP instance. We will let you know before we start the upgrade and we will keep you posted about the progress.
The Peppol network is growing rapidly and OpenPeppol has started to focus on the quality of the documents exchanged. A stricter document validation will therefore be deployed in your upgraded AP instance of your files to Peppol. You will get a high-level error message if a file contains errors. We can enable detailed errors as part of the Validation add-on service. Let us know if you want to try it out.
To ensure a smooth migration we recommend you to verify the validity of your sent documents before the migration.
You can verify your files automatically using the Validation add-on service we offer or manually using any of the free online options such as
What will change for you when upgrading your AP instance are the following things:
AS2 and AS4 endpoint URLs
- You will get a new AS2 AP URL. If you have registered receivers in other SMPs (such as Elma in Norway or elsewhere), let us know and we will provide the updated AS2 Access Point URL so that you can sync the update in other SMP(s) with the switch on our side.
- You will get a new AS4 AP URL. It will be provided to you after we completed the AS4 test procedure for your AP.
AP error codes
- We have replaced all error codes with new, more detailed ones. Please visit https://www.galaxygw.com/support/error-codes for more information.
- You can choose to keep the legacy error codes but we recommend using the new ones since they are more granular and precise – which should make troubleshooting on your end a lot smoother. If you still would like to continue to use the legacy error codes you need to let us know about it.
- Your files to Peppol will be validated before they are forwarded to the Peppol network. Visit https://www.galaxygw.com/support/peppol-validator to find the complete list of documents the validation engine supports. If you send documents that are not listed, no validation will be performed.
- There will be a stricter validation of the SBDH envelope to ensure compliance with what is outlined on https://www.galaxygw.com/support/payload-envelope.
- If your file contains validation errors we will respond with a NACK with a high-level error message. If you have the validation service enabled will find a more detailed validation error message in the NACK. If you like to evaluate the validation service with full error messages, just let us know.
Everything else remains the same for you in terms of how you integrate with us, such as your sftp credentials. There will be no downtime when migrating your AP – you will be able to exchange files with other APs without interruption.